Welcome to Eagle Watch 2017
Welcome to the 25th annual Sheffield Mills Eagle Watch in the
beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. Hundreds of Bald Eagles
come to our area each year, and our community hosts this event to
share these spectacular birds with anyone who is interested. You
will improve your chance of a great viewing experience if you
visit our designated viewing site in the morning. While you're
here be sure to visit our Community Centre for a delicious pancake
and sausage breakfast, great music and Eagle related exhibits.
Please see the links above for detailed information about this
The dates for the 2017 Eagle Watch
January 28th & 29th
February 4th & 5th
Please follow the links below for details about our inaugural Eagle Watch kick-off evening as well as new and
- During Eagle Watch the
eagles are fed between 8:00am and 10:00am in the morning at the
corner of Middle Dyke and Bains roads. A large pile of chicken
is laid for them, however, please be advised that there is no
"guarantee" the eagles will choose to feed at that
- Eagles are in the area from late November until early March.
- January and early February are the best months for viewing.
- Please drive safely avoiding sudden un-signalled stops.
- Highway shoulders are not as wide as they may appear. When ditches are filled with snow, leave at least half the width of your vehicle on the pavement.
- The Eagles are most plentiful during mid to late morning.
- Pick up a map indicating viewing sites.