Welcome to Eagle Watch 2021Welcome to the 24th annual Sheffield Mills Eagle Watch in the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. Hundreds of Bald Eagles come to our area each year, and our community hosts this event to share these spectacular birds with anyone who is interested. You will improve your chance of a great viewing experience if you visit our designated viewing site in the morning. While you're here be sure to visit our Community Centre for a delicious pancake and sausage breakfast, great music and Eagle related exhibits. Please see the links above for detailed information about this year's event.
The dates for the 2016 Eagle Watch
January 30th & 31st
February 6th & 7th
- During Eagle Watch the eagles are fed between 8:00am and 10:00am in the morning at the corner of Middle Dyke and Bains roads. A large pile of chicken is laid for them, however, please be advised that there is no "guarantee" the eagles will choose to feed at that time.
- Eagles are in the area from late November until early March.
- January and early February are the best months for viewing.
- Please drive safely avoiding sudden un-signalled stops.
- Highway shoulders are not as wide as they may appear. When ditches are filled with snow, leave at least half the width of your vehicle on the pavement.
- The Eagles are most plentiful during mid to late morning.
- Pick up a map indicating viewing sites.
Don't forget to tour the upstairs where we have lots of Eagle memorabilia for sale. Some which include beautiful hand painted Eagle neck laces, beautifully framed 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 Eagle photos, Eagle bookmarks, and fridge magnets, Eagle books, key chains, also a room set aside to watch Eagle movies in comfort.
Also upstairs at the hall we have an annual display of Eagle photos, Paintings, Sculptures, etc. taken from various artists from surrounding areas which are also for sale.
So come on upstairs we'd love to see you